Brahmand NewsPrevious Article
Brahmand NewsNext Article
  • DefExpo 2020:-DefExpo 2020 themed as "Digital Transformation of Defence" will be held from 5 to 8 February 2020, for the first time at Vrindavan Yojna, Sector 15, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh....
  • Indo Defence 2020 Expo & Forum :-The Indo Defence Expo 2020 Expo & Forum will be held at Jakarta International Expo Kemayoran, Indonesia, from 4 to 7 November 2020. ...
  • Arms sales of top Indian defence firms drop by 6.9 per cent: SIPRI report:-The combined sales of three public sector Indian defence companies that figure among the world's 100 top arms suppliers dropped by 6.9 per cent to stand at USD 5.9 billion in 2018 despite a rise in the global weapons sales, according to a new report published by a leading Swedish think tank....
  • Eurosatory 2020:-Eurosatory – an international exhibition dedicated to land and airland Defence and Security- will be held from 08 to 12 June 2020 in Paris. ...

DefExpo: Cyient signs JV with Israeli firm BlueBird Aero to make UAVs

Line Spacing+- AFont Size+- Print This Article

CHENNAI (PTI): Cyient, a Hyderabad-based firm, on Wednesday said it has entered into a joint venture with Israel’s BlueBird Aero Systems to manufacture advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems.

Cyient Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Krishna Bodanapu and BlueBird Aero Systems Founder-CEO, Ronen Nadir, signed the agreement on Wednesday at the ongoing DefExpo, organised by the Defence ministry at Thiruvadanthai, about 40 km from here.

As per the agreement, a joint venture company named – Cyient Solutions and Systems Pvt Ltd – has been floated in which Cyient would hold 51 per cent stake while the remaining 49 per cent with Israel-based BlueBird Aero Systems.

"...the joint venture would offer field-proven UAV systems to Indian defence, paramilitary, security forces," Cyient, Engineering design, manufacturing, geospatial and networks provider, said.

Cyient would manufacture, assemble, integrate and test advanced UAV systems at its facility in Hyderabad by leveraging the technology know-how of BlueBird Aero Systems.

"I am very excited about the joint venture with BlueBird Aero Systems that combines our design and manufacturing expertise to bring the best of UAV technology solutions," Bodanapu said.

"The joint venture also underlines the commitment of both partners to the government's Make in India initiative," he said.

The joint venture enables indigenisation, manufacturing, training and support of UAV systems in India, BlueBird Aero Systems Founder and CEO, Ronen Nadir said.

"Bluebird is pleased to transfer its latest technology know-how to further enhance what we see as a long term partnership with Cyient for the benefit of Indian UAV market," he said.

Under the joint venture, Cyient and BlueBird would also provide aftermarket services, including spares, repairs, maintenance and support across the country.


India  Israel  UAV  Defence  Armed Forces  DefExpo  JV  
Line Spacing+- AFont Size+- Print Article

Other Related News

NASA finds debris of Chandrayaan 2's Vikram lander on Moon

NASA's Moon-orbiting spacecraft has found the debris of Chandrayaan 2's lander Vikram on the surface of the Moon, the US space agency confirmed on Tuesday, nearly three months after India's ambitious mission made a hard landing near the uncharted lunar south pole.

Upcoming Defence Exhibitions

BRAHMOS Missile Systems


Brahmand World Defence Update 2019

Image Gallery